Patio pavers in place can make the arrival of warm spring weather in Madison WI an incredible event. Wisconsinites want to start enjoying warmer temperatures as soon as they possibly can and patio pavers can pave the way to an awesome start to summer.
The installation of patio pavers in the fall have inspired our customers to use the winter months to plan various ways to use their beautiful patio when spring arrives. And, in doing so, our customers also avoid the hassles of a waiting list to get the work done. With everybody trying to get things done at the same time, project backlogs can cause a wait of two, three or more months.
Installing Patio Pavers In Fall Is Healthier In Multiple Ways
When you do install a patio using brick and stone patio pavers in the fall, the other landscaping around the patio usually benefits. Landscaping such as planting shrubs, trees and perennials, tend to be stronger and more robust for the next growing season when planted in the fall. Root systems usually grow and strengthen during colder weather.
Christmas Comes Early With Your Patio Pavers Installation
We’ve had customers complete their patios in fall and still use them for cookouts, enjoy their fire pits and grills and have tailgate parties as well as Halloween and Thanksgiving celebrations.
A completed patio is fun any time of the year, but if you wait until spring, you may not be able to control the timing of when your patio is actually completed. Proscapes LLC has always had more flexibility in autumn. There have also been times we have been able to offer incentives for our customers to help them enjoy their patio even more.
Autumn project suggestions to consider using patio pavers –
- Borders and Accents on driveways, walkways and patios
- Entrances to yards or homes
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Outdoor Living Spaces
- Patio/Raised Patios
- Pillars Planters and Seat Walls Steps
- Swimming Pool Decks
How To Select A Patio Pavers Contractor
It is sometimes hard to understand how to select a paving contractor skilled at installing patio pavers. Because the work is usually at a private residence, actually seeing the finished product can be tough to accomplish. Of course, testimonials are always glowing when presented by the paving contractor. So, here are a few things to be aware of when selecting a paving contractor to install your patio pavers –
- Warranty on Work – a warranty on patio pavers should be at least three years (the longer, the better). The warranty implies high quality foundation work done prior to laying the patio pavers. It is an area where corners can (and will) be cut. The shorter the warranty, the more likely the contractor is admitting they are cutting corners.
- How Base gravel Is Used – not enough gravel will allow settling and shifting of the patio pavers in a relatively short time frame. When installing a sidewalk, for example, a paving contractor should use at least eight inches of gravel. With a patio, a contractor should use at least ten inches, if not twelve inches, of gravel. If the foundation and drainage is not done well, your patio pavers will have problems.
- Correct Compacting – part of the preparation needed is to have the base compacted thoroughly and uniformly. Without a solid base, settling will occur and cause uneven patio pavers. And, in wet areas, washouts can occur.
- Drainage – improper drainage allows settling and most likely causes patio pavers to become uneven relatively quickly, with the problem growing much larger over time.
For more information about patio pavers, landscaping and giving yourself an early Christmas present, contact the professionals at Proscapes, LLC.
Our landscaping expertise will help you get more enjoyment from your home and yard. We serve all of Dane County including Madison WI, Sun Prairie, Waunakee, Middleton, Verona, Fitchburg Oregon, McFarland and Cottage Grove.
Call the Proscapes LLC at 608-244-6464 or email us and we will be honored to create the best possible outdoor living design for your yard using patio pavers in Madison WI.